Serves: 36 cookies
- ⅔ cup shortening
- 1½ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- 1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl cream the shortening and brown sugar. Mix in the water and vanilla. Then add the eggs. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add it to the sugar/egg mixture.
- Stir in the peppermint crunch baking chips and the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 - 9 minutes. Let the cookies cool slightly before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.